2012年4月15日 星期日

Stand Out for Taiwan! Stay In Formosa Taiwan!

My dear foreign friends,

I am a common Taiwanese citizen, and I want to ask you to stand out for Taiwan.

On the 20th April, the Taiwan Power Company (TPC) is going to reactivate the Second Nuclear Power Plant, on the base of which more than 10% of bolts, seven actually, were found broken during the most recent annual maintenance.

And broken bolts in the base were never heard before, in the whole world.

Naturally, TPC has no idea how that happened, nor the way to prevent it in the future. However, with its unprecedented wisdom, the company secretly changed six of the seven bolts, leaving one unchanged, and declared that there’s no foreseeable risk at all to go on with their original plan, without any proper analysis (e.g. Potential Failure Mode and Effect Analysis, Probabilistic Risk Analysis, etc.)!
And they’re going to reactivate it, a nuclear power plant damaged by unknown cause, not totally repaired!

I want to ask you to stand out, not just for Taiwan, but for you, and for whatever reason that might be for you to have come to Taiwan, and for whatever reason that might be for you to still stay in Taiwan.

I’d been a foreigner, like you, for years, in UK, in France, and for days, in US, in Estonia, in Spain, in Portugal, in Greece, in Italy, in Ireland, in Germany, in Malaysia, in Japan…I’d been a foreign resident and I’d been a foreign traveler, like you. I know how it feels to be a foreigner, to explore the culture, to encounter the locals, to face stigmatization and to receive kindness, to have part of you formed by the place. I know, for wherever I have been a foreigner to, I will never be a total stranger. And you, to Taiwan, you will never be a total stranger. You have already left traces here in Taiwan, be it on the ground, on the passport, in a café, or in the heart of someone.

I know, you might not stay for life, but if TPC successfully launched their plan, even your life might be endangered; not just yours, but your loved ones; and not just yours and mine, but also the hope. The hope that this journey will continue, the hope that your story here will be told with smile on your face, the hope that there’s always some people here to write to, to skype to, to email to, that there’s some places here that you will never forget, and you’ll remember with warmth in your heart.

I know, my government doesn’t always treat foreigners well. I know, my fellow countrymen do not always treat you right. But I also know, when I was standing in-between the police and the demonstration students with my camera on my shoulder on the boulevard in Paris, I was welcomed by The People; when I was walking alone side the protesters on the streets of London as a freelance journalist, I was considered One Of Us.

You will be considered one of us, I guarantee you, if you would stand out with us, telling my government that you maybe foreign to them, but you are tied with us in fate at this moment; and like me, and every uses, your life and hope here is not to be surrendered to risks they created out of careless attitude and greed-driven decision.

You may not be remembered by everyone on site, but you will be remembered by me, and, more importantly, by you. You will be remembered by me and you that once, on one day, you, born and bred somewhere on this planet, led to this island by fate, you did stand out and fight not just for your own sake, but for others here as well.

You must fight, I beg you. If you have never heard of this situation, now you do. You must fight.

If you can’t, please remember this country, with me, for no matter how many days to come in the future. I know, not everyone fights, even I, too, I have a bottom-line, once reached, I’ll run.

But not now, not yet. We’ve still got time, little time, a few days before the 20th of April.

So I invite you, to come and stand with us, just once, for one day, on the 19th of April, before the Legislative Yuan, together, we’ll stop one stupid action of my government, and together, we’ll make history here, to stop a nuclear power plant for the first time on this island.

Address of Legislative Yuan: No.1, Jhongshan S. Rd., Jhongjheng District, Taipei.

My nickname: CauMin.

Action Web Page: http://www.facebook.com/events/216889421750742/

Warm regards

CauMin, a common citizen

16, 04, 2012

沒有留言:

張貼留言